a&im 2: Assisted performances and accessible events delivery workshop
If you are thinking of providing assisted performances / events, such as Audio Described, Captioned, Relaxed, Dementia Friendly and BSL, or expanding what you already offer, this workshop will provide more detailed information on what they are, and who they may benefit, how to set them up, build audiences and comprehensive guidance on how to deliver them successfully.
– Detailed overview of what they are and who they may benefit, and how
– Equipment: set-up and adopting good practice
– Working with service providers, producers and company managers
– Audience development and retention
– Step-by-step guidance on successful event delivery
– Detailed resources
The workshop includes a mixture of group and individual exercises, and group discussion throughout, taking into account the realities of your workplace environment. These are practitioner-led workshops, offering practical advice for all service providers including those working in management, front-line, operations, technical, marketing and communication teams. Participants each receive a workbook that we work through together and which also forms a useful resource to go back to, and add to, afterwards.
“I had no experience of organising assisted performances when becoming Access Champion and found the idea very daunting, with little idea of where to start. However, Access and Inclusivity Matters’ Assisted Performance workbook covers every detail of the process you can imagine. It is clear, easy and enjoyable to read. I can now happily say after using it I have hosted over 12 successful assisted performances. Thank you a&im!” Jenny, Access Champion at The Bristol Hippodrome 2017
- optional potential for ongoing support available via email and phone whilst the client develops the service, and additional option of support during first event delivery.
Please contact me to discuss pricing options. Discounts for smaller venues or community groups are available. I will always work with you to accommodate your budget.
Please take a look at a&im’s learning objectives