a&im 1: Accessibility in Mind workshop
This is a comprehensive workshop focussing on keeping accessibility in mind and embedding it across your organisation. It encourages participants to consider access as being much more than having a ramp or a lift in place. It will increase staff confidence and greatly improve customer service through raising awareness, helping your venue or organisation become more accessible to a wider range of visitors.
– The Equality Act 2010, and your duties under the Act
– Customer service awareness sessions: assisting people who are Blind or partially sighted, living with Dementia, Deaf or hard of hearing, neurodiverse or with an Autism spectrum condition
– Everyday low- and no-cost solutions and longer-term access development
– Venue-focussed workbook exercises and step-by-step guidance
– Participant-led venue accessibility assessment (where suitable)
– Detailed resources that can be returned to and added to
The workshop includes a mixture of group and individual exercises, and group discussion throughout, taking into account the realities of your workplace environment. These are practitioner-led workshops, offering practical advice for all service providers including those working in management, front-line, operations, technical, marketing and communication teams. Participants each receive a workbook that we work through together and which also forms a useful resource to go back to, and add to, afterwards.
“This workshop highlighted things I should be thinking about and offered practical guidance on how to improve my own personal approach to access and inclusivity, and that of my venue. It was positive and encouraging, with great resources.” Workshop participant, Arnolfini, Bristol
I can offer the above workshop, or bespoke sessions that you can tailor to include all the relevant elements for your organisation.
I can put together sessions to suit your time and budget and based on anything from the comprehensive: a&im 1: Accessibility in Mind workshop in awareness, inclusivity and everyday accessibility solutions, or the a&im 2: Assisted Performances – workshop, which explores all aspects of the set-up and successful delivery of accessible events. Or cherry-pick from both!
Please contact me to discuss pricing options. Discounts for smaller venues or community groups are available. I will always work with you to accommodate your budget.
Please take a look at a&im’s learning objectives