Customer Service Awareness and Everyday Access
A tailored workshop for customer-facing staff, such as Front of House roles, hospitality, and box office or reception.
- Background on the Equality Act 2010, Models of Disability, language, attitude and behaviour
- Customer Service Awareness Sessions: see a&im 1
- What are: visual stories, chill-out spaces and familiarisation visits
- Everyday Access solutions: equipment maintenance, accessible toilets and pre-opening checks
- What is: Audio Description (incl. touch tours), BSL, Captioning and Relaxed or Dementia Friendly
“Making theatre accessible can be a daunting task so having a workshop where you can break everything down and take one job at a time is really helpful.”
“Trish’s workshop was clear and encouraging, giving great advice in an open and supportive way. I learnt a lot and hope I can start making my work more accessible. Thank you!”
“Really informative base/entry level information and easy to understand definitions and discussions around terminology. Thanks! Very helpful for a beginner!”
I can offer the above workshop, or bespoke sessions that you can tailor to include all the relevant elements for your organisation.
I can put together sessions to suit your time and budget and based on anything from the comprehensive: a&im 1: Accessibility in Mind workshop in awareness, inclusivity and everyday accessibility solutions, or the a&im 2: Assisted Performances – workshop, which explores all aspects of the set-up and successful delivery of accessible events, or a&im 3: Customer Service and Everyday Access.
Or cherry-pick from all three!
Please contact me to discuss pricing options. Discounts for smaller venues or community groups are available. I will always work with you to accommodate your budget.
Please take a look at a&im’s learning objectives